Peanut Butter Coffee Cocktail
This boozy coffee cocktail recipe features peanut butter whiskey & coffee liqueur for a slightly sweet way to catch a caffeinated buzz! Serve this tasty beverage hot or iced.For simply the nuts and bolts of the recipe, click here to jump to the recipe card!
This post may contain affiliate links.
There’s the old saying that goes something like “coffee till booze”, but I say why not put those two together?
Ever since trying peanut butter whiskey for the first time I have tried to find all the yummy ways to enjoy it. The first thing I started doing was spiking coffee with it, which is delicious. On a recent stay at home Sunday Funday though, I took it to the next level and honestly I am disappointed in myself that I didn’t think of it sooner!!
In order to make this peanut butter whiskey cocktail you will need the following:
- Peanut Butter Whiskey
- Coffee Liqueur
- Ice (Optional)
- Cream (Optional)
How to Make a Spiked Peanut Butter Coffee Cocktail
First off you’ll need to make sure you have your coffee ready, I use standard brewed coffee. If you’re making the iced coffee cocktail, cold brew would work great as well!
- Start off by pouring the peanut butter whiskey in your coffee mug. My favorite to use is Skrewball.
- Next, pour in the Coffee Liqueur.
- Finally, top off your mug with coffee!
Now you’re ready to enjoy your boozy coffee cocktail!
How To Make An Iced Coffee Cocktail
In order to make this Peanut Butter Coffee Cocktail as an iced beverage there’s just a couple differences in preparation.
Make sure your coffee is cold to begin with. You can either brew your coffee ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator to chill. Or, use your favorite cold brew!
- Fill up your cup with ice. In a cocktail shaker , add the cold coffee, peanut butter whiskey, and Coffee Liqueur. Shake to combine and pour over the ice!
- If you want to add milk or cream, pour it over the top and enjoy!
What alcohol goes well in coffee?
Almost anything if it’s done right! Coffee or other flavored liqueurs, Irish Cream, amaretto, and whiskey are popular options. Rum, vodka, and tequila are also used.
Can I make this cocktail ahead of time?
Yes you can! If you’re serving iced, store in the fridge and wait until you’re ready to enjoy before pouring over ice.
What is good to mix with Skrewball?
Coffee is one of the best pairings with peanut butter whiskey. It’s also great served as a chilled shot with a salted rim. You can also try it mixed with chocolate liqueur or even a berry flavored one for a PB&J taste!
More Whiskey Recipes
If whiskey is the bottle you always have on hand, check out these other recipes:
Peanut Butter Coffee Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Peanut Butter Whiskey
- 1.5 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 6 oz Coffee
- Cream or milk (optional)
Hot Coffee Cocktail
- In a large mug, pour in the Peanut Butter Whiskey.
- Next pour in the Coffee Liqueur.
- Finally, pour in hot coffee and enjoy!
Iced Coffee Cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker, add the Peanut Butter Whiskey and Coffee Liqueur.
- Next add in the coffee, using either coffee that has been brewed earlier and chilled, or cold brew coffee.
- Close the lid to the shaker and shake well.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and enjoy!
- If you prefer to add cream or milk, make sure to leave some extra room in the mug and add it at the end.